Pages

Search

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jing Gong M16A2

Decided to get rid of my TM M16 about a year ago and decided to go try something else. Looked at some gas snipers, some G36s, AKs, and still loved the looks of the M16. Found the Jing Gong M16 on Airsplat for $114. 360fps with .2s stock? Sounds good. Supposedly mostly metal. So I decided to order it. Airsplat did a great job of getting it sent quickly. Got it in 3 days. (They ship out of Los Angeles) Was greeted at the door with a nice big box saying W16-2 Electric Rifle Advanced Model. W16-2?



Took it out of the box and held it. Damn I got a good deal! Only $114! The gun weighs 7lbs. If you put a JG M16 and a TM M16 the only difference you could tell would be the trades.

Externals
Great looking! Not a metal receiver but it is the same material as the TM. It came with a warning sticker on the receiver but is easy to take off. Dust cover is made of metal along with the charging handle.
The gun is very durable and the receiver and outer parts do not scratch easily.

Internals
To get to the gearbox remove one pin above the pistol grip. Stock this gun has a M120 spring in it. Mine I've had for a year and performs like the day I got it. Fps for mine was chronoed at 413fps with .2s. And that is too fast for most fields. With .25s it shot around 370+fps. The battery is an 8.4v 1500mah large type. Lasts long and gives the gun a great rate of fire. I want to say that the gun has an EG1000 equivalent motor (not sure on that). Hop-up gets the job done not incredible. I would suggest replacing if you want great range and accuracy. The inner barrel again gets the job done. Again I would suggest replacing it to get better accuracy. The shell of the gearbox I think is reinforced because my friend put a M130 spring in his and uses it on full auto with no problems at all. I haven't had any problems with mine. The wiring (I'm no electrician) is great. No problems with fuses or connections. The gearbox hasn't locked up on me. Every now and then on semi when the battery is dying it might full auto and then go back to semi (very rarely). Pulling the charging handle reveals the hop-up. The outer barrel is a 3-piece outer barrel. And turning the "delta ring" one way or another tightens the barrel so there is no wobble. Other way loosens the barrel so you can take it off.

Compatibility
This is fully compatible with all Tokyo Marui parts I'm positive on that.
I use a Classic Army M16 mag in it. Pretty sure most Classic Army parts are compatible also because my friend has scavenged parts off of his broken CA M15A4 gearbox and used them in his JG M16 gearbox.

Performance
Outstanding performance. Range is good stock (could have alot of potential with new hop-up and tightbore barrel). Super durable I've dove with it and its still in one piece. Stock you don't have to mess with anything. It’s probably one of the better aegs to come out of China. I wasn’t expecting much from JG but I was wrong. JG is a great company. I've had mine for about a year and it works perfectly and as I've mentioned it’s had no problems. Outranges many stock aegs. This gun will keep you in the game and be competitive. These shots were taken from 100ft using .2g bbs. There were little gusts of wind but mostly just a breeze.


Specs
Stock
Name: Jing Gong M16A2
Length: 39in
Weight: 7.0lbs
Height (from top to end of mag): 10.5in
FPS: 413fps with .2, around 370 with .25
Barrel Length: 510mm
Mag length: 6in
Mag capacity: 300rds

Roles
CQB: NO, too long
Woodland: YES, real good in forests, desert, etc
Sniper: Not really, but with a tightbore, new hop-up, and a huge spring. Maybe
Scout: Yes, it would be fine its not really heavy
Support: Yes, with a 9.6v battery the rate of fire is nuts and range is ok
DMR: Could be with almost everything replaced

Suggested Upgrades/Mods
Get a scope they look cool. I got mine off of Shortyusa. As I've said a couple times new hop-up, tightbore barrel. 9.6v battery the stock one is fine but with a 9.6v it will rip. Check out airsoftgi for echo1 spr kits. They can be found right here. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2764
Get a Metal body they make it look cooler and a lot more realistic. I am very surprised that my gun has lasted so long without metal bushings. I highly suggest getting metal bushings. They will take off the stress off the gears and metal ones don’t break as much.

No comments:

Adsense